Lions OnLine Academy (LOLA)
The New Brighton Area School District offers in-house cyber options to meet the needs of families who are considering online learning. We are pleased to offer personalized options to our students and families, using grade level appropriate learning platforms with an emphasis on core subjects.
Among our options, students may take online courses during the school day in the LOLA lab at the High School under supervision and support. Other options may provide a hybrid schedule, with traditional courses in the classroom combined with working online independently. This individualized learning schedule is provided to meet the physical and/or emotional needs of the students and family. A cyber student is enrolled fully online to meet course requirements required for diploma eligibility.
The hybrid and cyber options require Administrative approval for scheduling by our Guidance Counselors.
LOLA students receive all of the resources available to traditionally enrolled students, such as:
· Eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities, including sports
· Guidance and support programs, including career and college exploration
· Beaver County Career and Technical Center (BCCTC) programs
· Tutorial support from our own teachers
· School Lunch
· Progress reports and report cards
· Dances, concerts, field trips, annual musical participation
· NBASD diploma upon completion of graduation requirements
If you would like to discuss LOLA cyber options for your family, please contact Ms. Linda Runatz, LOLA Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724 843 1795 x394